Saturday, March 6, 2010

That's one smart cookie

B, CR and I took the T to MGH today, and strolled our way back to Mass Ave via the Common and Newbury Street. The weather was perfect for an agenda such as this - bright sunshine, 55 degrees...total bliss.

As we made our way down Boston's trendy shopping strip, we passed by a little Girl Scout and her mother...they had set up a small table filled with rows and rows of Girl Scout cookies right around the Clarendon to Dartmouth Street stretch of stores...brilliant. There were at least 5 people standing in line to make a purchase, and that was just while we were passing by. As a pregnant woman, I had to use every ounce of willpower to just.keep.walking. I cannot even imagine how many little containers of overpriced guilty pleasures she unloaded in the time that she was there.

Sunny day + lunchtime availability + hungry upper class shoppers + a product that is only available seasonally through pre-pubescent peddlers = utter success.

Growing up in the booming metropolis of Granby, CT, if I attempted to stand out on the busiest shopping street in our town during my badge-collecting days, I am sure my sales would have been comparable to assets collected by trying to sell dictionaries to a group of lexicographers...

She killed it.

(image from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails