Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Scut Farkus is in my son's class...


A Christmas Story.

The leg lamp. The Bumpuses' bloodhounds. Ovaltine. "Fuuuuuuddggggggge." And then there's Farkus, with his green teeth and yellow eyes.

Well, when I picked up my little "Ralphie" from school on Tuesday, I encountered a small boy who is pretty much the spawn of the bully from the 1980's era film. As we know, CR has had a little bit of a hard time adjusting to preschool, so when I arrived to gather up my weeping willow, I squatted down to talk to him before leaving the playground. CR and I had a quick heart-to-heart outside of the fence that lined the sandbox. A new little boy walked up to us, and did something that I was not expecting. I greeted him while directing a question toward wee-man.

Mommy: Hey there, CR, is this a new friend?
Farkus: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Mommy (again, looking to CR while hesitantly asking my next question): How cute, is he pretending he's a bear?
Farkus (his teeth were a little mossy, and his eyes were beady and small): Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Mommy: Okay, nice to see you, bye-bye

Buh-bye is right. Dear god. Poor CR looked at him, not so much in fear, but more like he was saying "WTF is up with this kid?"

Maybe there is more to why CR dislikes going to school twice a week...if I was glowered at by a shifty little person, I wouldn't want to go back there either. Maybe he hates school as much as CR...who am I kidding...here's to another shot at it tomorrow, and hopefully Farkus will be out with a cold...

(image from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails