Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Éire go Brách


This is the only pic I could find off hand with wee-man wearing anything even remotely Irish...dated? Yes. Out of context? Yes. But he is sporting one of the lucky charms on his chest...the pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, blue diamonds and later added purple horseshoes didn't make the cut

St. Patrick's Day. I have a connection to the Emerald Isle, both familial, as well as experiential. Some of my genetic make-up flows back over the Big Pond to the island of Guinness-swilling blokes and bettys, and I spent a year abroad studying at Trinity College in Dublin. In my younger (legal and not so legal) days, I spent hours planted in barstools across Massachusetts on this corned beef and green-laden day. Now? Well, let me re-cap my day in a few phrases...got up, went for a run, went into the office for some monthly meetings for my non-profit employer, came home and played with a nap-boycotting CR, went for a walk to the playground with B and CR for some impromptu playtime with S, T, W, and L, and then onto the store, dined on some tasty grilled steaks, did some work, and am now heading to bed (later than planned)...not so Gaelic-phillic of me, was it? I didn't even get a chance to prostitute my son and dress him up in a god-awful Leprechaun costume...such a sad performance...

So Happy St. Paddy's Day to all - I hope others were able to down some green beer and boiled dinner on my behalf...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails