Friday, March 19, 2010

Creativity is her middle name...

Ga and Gee came up for a much-needed visit today. I proclaimed that when I stopped working full-time to stay home with CR, that I would make frequent trips home to CT for visits with both my and B's family tree. At one point we did make it down on a semi-regular basis, but I fell off that mission, and am not happy with myself about it. The utter importance of family is one of the many things that connect B and me. In more cases than not, we would rather have dinner with either sets of parents or siblings than to go out with our own friends (no offense to those friends who actually read my postings - you know we love you too... it's just that you know us well enough to know that we are definitely inclined to take off for the weekend to that state that falls between MA and NYC if given the opportunity).

So you can imagine my happiness when my parents showed up late this morning for an afternoon of good family fun. CR was pretty darn excited about it too...in fact, he woke me up this morning at 6:20am (after going to bed after 11pm last night, mind you) to ask me if Ga and Gee were here yet. This picture was taken shortly thereafter, with CR lining up the kitchen chairs to sit and wait for their arrival.

We walked down to Whole Foods to grab provisions for a picnic lunch, and then it was back to the park to dine on some overpriced, eclectic cuisine (my father's and my eating habits could not be more disparate - I chose a salad with spinach, pecans, raisins, peas, and carrots, while he was lured-in by the prepared food counter with a slice of brisket, potato salad, and a large slice of rare steak...I am definitely my father's daughter, just not in the dietary category).

After some post-consumption park action, we made our way home for some baseball and digger time. The weather was perfect today, so venturing inside before naptime wasn't an option. CR went around the yard, picking up various sticks and twigs, and Ga had the creative vision to make one of the sticks into a fishing pole. With a quick twist of some cooking twine and a paperclip, grapes became bait, and a bowl became a fishing hole. CR loved it. My mother is amazing with him, and I know that CR's imagination blossoms every time he is around her.

That being said, we need to see both the grandparents and great grandparents more...we'd better make sure the SpeedPass is up and running, and that the portable DVD player is fixed...it may not be until Easter, but CT, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails