Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Creative Energy

CR came to my doctor's appointment with me this morning...I went back and forth over leaving him behind to play with EB while I went to my routine check-up, but thought it might be nice for him to get out and about for awhile before lunchtime. Once we arrived, I was happy to find that he managed to keep himself contained and in line by filling cups repeatedly with water...

As we know, I live by a creed that has been passed down from my grandmother, to my mother, and then to me...waste not want not...so needless to say, we floated our way into the exam room after making sure we drank every last drop of his waiting room pastime.

Once we returned home, EB met us to hang out with wee-man for a couple of hours so that I could get a few work items crossed off my list. After venturing down into Mantown to catch up with EB a bit before she left, I witnessed what was the result of a little pent-up energy. Due to the horrendous weather we have been experiencing, combined with taking CR with me to run not-so-kid-friendly errands over the past couple of days, equated to a limited amount of outside, energy-burning activity time.

This is what happened...

He conned EB into bulldozing basically everything he could find in the basement into a corner. It took me literally 20 minutes to find homes for all the objects in the pile.

Sort of funny? Yes. A pain in the arse? Also yes.

Avoiding this sort of inconvenience trumps humor, so next time we have a stretch of bad weather, I am dragging the little guy outside to do laps around the house or something of that nature...anything to keep from having to sort through the tangible representation of his pent-up energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails