Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend satiated much of the nesting urges that I have been experiencing. I am not saying that I am finished purging my home of unnecessary items, but I feel a heck of a lot better about any next steps we may take toward (or away from) moving. Oh, and also that small matter of welcoming our next child into the world.

Saturday was rainy and unpleasant, so my wonderful husband forced me to go out and pamper myself a bit with an eyebrow wax, pedicure and haircut. I was thrilled with the results from the two former services...the latter? Not so much. I went to LaTete on Newbury, and did not have my regular stylist (by regular, I mean the woman who I have been to about seven times within the past four to five years...I am not a loyalist when it comes to my hair - strange, because once I find someone who is reliable in the brow department, I will wait an extra week to make an appointment with them if I need to...my hair? I am willing to pimp myself out from dresser to dresser based on availability). My regular girl was running 15-20 minutes behind, so I just went with the next person who was free at the time that I walked in...see? I am not a coiffure-monogamist. The substitute gave me a bad set of faux bangs...not too happy about the prospect of having to barrette my hair back until it grows out a bit...more to maintain, not to mention one more distraction during labor...yeesh...

Anyway, despite the fact that my hair came out a little shoddy, I was able to get out by myself for a couple of hours, and make myself feel a little bit human (albeit, like a female - gasp!) again. Thank you, B, I love you.

That night, B's parents came into town, and we shipped ourselves out to Needham for dinner at J and D's house. Fantastic food (my filet was one of the best I've had in a looooong time), and a very fun night.

Sunday, the whole clan came to our place for brunch - B cooked up a Mother's Day feast, and after dining, we went to the park in shifts with the kids. AW brought his scooter, so along with CR, the two of them circled the playground with AM on the Kettler bike.


(AW looking cute and smiley)

(Much needed juice break across the board - AW looks super-sized next to CR and AM)

After the park, D and B brought a lot of toys out of Mantown to the storage space above the garage (cleansing therapy), and Mimi and I organized the linen closet and Baby C's drawer (more cleansing therapy). Aunt J and Mimi brought over a basket of clean hand-me-downs and a few new pieces for baby C's "wardrobe" - you both are the best. I cleaned out the vanity in our bathroom and finished organizing our closet (boring details for you, but believe me, with the pregnancy making mass amounts of alcohol off limits, this is as close as I come to a feel-good buzz these days).

We absolutely missed Ga, Gee, and Uncle J this weekend - they will definitely be up soon for a slightly extended visit once baby C arrives - thank you for being on call, and thank you again to all family for helping out this weekend and beyond.

A final note about Mother's Day - it definitely was good to me this year in the floral department...

Thank you to Ga, Gee, Mimi, Pop-pops, and especially to CR and B - a wonderful weekend all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails