Tuesday, May 11, 2010

He may have both ears, but he's still my little Van Gogh...

Hello another level of fine motor control - where did this come from? I gave CR a piece of paper the other day after he asked repeatedly for it, and he actually drew something instead of incessantly scribbling multiple colors over the same spot on the page. I was shocked. He started off with a circle...easy enough - he draws circles all the time.

Then that circle was transformed into a person...not just a scribble that he thought was a person, but one that I could distinguish as well. The way that he holds his marker makes you wonder how on earth he could guide the ink with precision over the page. The little people each had two eyes, a nose, mouth, body and arms and legs.

After I picked up my jaw off the floor and repeatedly hugged and praised him for his works of art, I told him to draw our family. Instantly he sketched out Mommy, Daddy, Ga, Gee, Mimi, Pop-pops, Aunt J, Uncle D, AW, AM, and Uncle J.

I am excited to draw with the little guy - who knows what will come out of his little quill next. We needed some floor plans for our current residence drawn up last week. Maybe I should have come to CR first for his artistic impression...next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails