Friday, May 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home

After three nights in the hospital, Baby C and I are home...and it feels so good to be here. CR is "so-far-so-good" in the big brother department. He has continued to be intrigued by his little sister, and has been sweet and gentle with her. He keeps asking if she has pooped yet, and if she has "pees" - with this much interest, he is more than welcome to become part of the diaper changing brigade, especially for the night shifts.

Baby C has been sleeping much of the time, with twenty minute intervals of just looking around, making silly gas faces, eating, and then it's back to lights-out. For those who think CR is my clone, we made one for B over the past nine months. She has lots of dark hair, and from what I remember from viewing my husband's baby pictures, she shares a lot of his baby facial features as well - I might have just have been a carrier and not a genetic contributor to this little project, and that is just fine - we need some good Italian lines in this family.

I am tired, but not delirious [yet]. B is in the basement napping, and CR is upstairs [destroying his room] playing. Baby C is in eyes-shut mode, and I am going to put the Bugaboo stroller back together. We took it out of storage, and it was covered in mildew, so I washed it today - hoping to make a trek out to the park once [B] CR "wakes up."

Plans for tonight? I am going to enjoy some long-awaited sushi and a glass of wine with my amazing husband - so far, we make a good team in this new adventure as a family of four, and I cannot wait for the wild ride that is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails