Monday, May 3, 2010

Bumps

Ever since I started showing with this pregnancy, CR has been mildly obsessed with my growing belly. He periodically wants me to lift up my shirt to show him the baby's "foot," and he talks to his little sister from outside my belly - it really is too cute for words. Late last week we were at the park, and he wanted to join in the belly brigade and put his buddy "Austin" under his shirt, just like Mommy's baby...



We shared a similar profile...

His words: "I have a baby, too"

The big difference is that he can take his baby out whenever he wants....mine will not be chased out of me until my hormones trigger that it's time...and that time is approaching. I am coming up on 37 weeks, and am beginning to finally feel pregnant. Not that I didn't feel pregnant before, but I have been able to put it on the back burner more often than not, and have been able to push on through any fatigue and discomfort I have experienced. I think the events from this past weekend (I helped host a baby shower for my girlfriend) slapped me in the face, reminding me that I need to take a step back - I need to cut back on lifting heavy things, and doing too much overall. I am not ready for our baby girl quite yet - I need a good two more weeks before we welcome her into the world. Unnecessarily throwing myself into early labor could interfere with our upcoming buying and selling of property. I just want to get through that, and then little baby C is welcome to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails