Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Mother's Love




CR is going through a phase right now, and I can't get enough of it. It could be carryover from us being away in FL on our little excursion, or from his belly bug, but whatever the reason is, I'll take it. When he goes down for his nap, and when he first wakes up after his afternoon snooze, when I say, "I love you, CR," he looks me in the eyes and says, "I love you, too, Mommy." When I snatch him out of his bed, he gives me the biggest hug...not a clingy, whiny hug, but a genuine loving embrace. He loves to snuggle into my gradually lessening lap (the baby buddha is taking over) while we read a book, or do arts and crafts...
I am sure this is most likely the calm before the storm for yet another pre-schooler change (we've seen biting, yelling, crying, hitting...we take it as it comes), but right now, I can genuinely send butterfly kisses to you, my (currently) sweet little boy.
(image from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails