Monday, February 15, 2010

I know about lying, but if Pinocchio swears, does his nose grow too?

Scene:
B, CR, and I were walking through Harvard Square over the weekend. After dining at IHOP (go ahead, feel free to chuckle...B got the Rooty Tooty Fresh n' Fruity, and it was as horrible as I remember it from years ago), we passed by our favorite pizza place, affectionately named after Mister Geppetto's little wooden boy.
Flash back to about a month ago:
B and CR went to Pinocchio's for a slice, and in an unfortunate series of events, CR dropped a fresh slice of Sicilian on the ground outside the shop. B was pissed, CR was crying, and profanities and phrases were uttered...

Back to our walk this past weekend:
B asked CR what happened at the pizza place the last time we were there...without skipping a beat, CR blurted out "Daddy got screwed..."
Excuse me??!! Stifling our laughs, we asked him again what happened/what he said..."Daddy got screwed...CR was crying, Daddy was crying, CR wanted the old pizza, not the new pizza..."
Since I was getting my eyebrows done at the time, I did not witness the epic pizza fail, so CR gave me some insight this weekend as to what actually transpired...
It's amazing the things CR remembers these days and can recount at a moment's notice...note to self, we might want to cut back on showering with the little man...we don't need him remembering us as being the naked family while he was growing up...

(image from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails