Wednesday, February 24, 2010

That's not Kosher...



Conversation I just had with CR as I put on a diaper before his nap:

Scene: CR grabs one of two thermometers we have above his changing table; they look basically the same, except for different bases; one is new but opened, and the other has been used to take his temperature for as long as I can remember through a portal in his body that adults do not need to resort to in order to get an accurate reading...

When B and I were on vacation, leaving behind a sick little boy, Mimi phoned us to tell us she tried and tried to take his temp, but he wouldn't cooperate by opening his mouth...B and I were a little disturbed, knowing where in CR's body one of the two devices had received frequent flier miles...CR shed a little light on the situation today...

CR: Is this Mimi's?
Mommy: No, it's ours, why?
CR: Mimi put this in my mouth...
Mommy: Wait, did she put this one in your mouth? Or did she put this one in your mouth (grabbing the one that is used to take his temp jailhouse-style)?
CR: No, that one goes in my penis. This one went in my mouth...

Poor confused little man. We really need him to understand the difference between the two areas of his body. That will come, for now? He re-confirmed that old reliable was not used in places that talk in addition to places that toot...

(image from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails