Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One more stop, no really, just one more...

Today was a busy one for CR and me. After having my car serviced out in Newton (I actually enjoyed a solo run while I waited for our family truckster to finish up), my husband (I will refer to him as B) dropped CR off at the dealership. After a quick carseat swap, CR and I made our way out to my OB for my now monthly check-up. As we all know, appointment times are often a mere formality - you might as well make the appointment for a window of time like the cable company, especially if the slot falls later in the morning...so, I had to keep CR busy while waiting to be called. First, he tried out all of the hand sanitizer pumps in the waiting room

Once we were called in, he insisted on being weighed - yep, all 26 pounds of him...with clothes and shoes on...let's just say that Mommy weighed in at a little bit more than that...

After finally leaving the doctor, we made a quick stop at the Atrium Mall so CR could run around a bit, and play at a toystore...with all of the toys there, you would think he would find something more entertaining than leaning over a display wall. And yes, he succeeded in climbing over the gate and into the carseat/holiday display...it was no treat getting him out of there...

After dragging him out of the store in true two-year-old screaming fashion (I think I am becoming numb to this, but I am sure others around me without kids were horrified), we got in the car and headed back down Rt. 9. As we drove, CR said to me, "Mommy, I smell something." Logically, I asked "what do you smell?" He replied, "I smell a house." Not knowing where this was going, I responded, "What does a house smell like?" Matter-of-factly, he said "Like the letter W." Oh, silly me, how could I not have known...anyway, we planned on heading straight home...when I drove by a Supercuts. At the stoplight, I glanced back at CR's Fraggle Rock style hair, and decided a trip to the barber was just what he needed, so in we went
The finished product is quite handsome, and he was surprisingly agreeable throughout the whole process. After the haircut, I knew I was pushing my luck, but stopped briefly at REI for a quick exchange, and then it was back home, for real this time. The only thing I failed to do on our outing was stop off at the drycleaner, but that is what tomorrow is for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails