Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ants on a Log? Maybe just the ants...hold the log...

Today was a heavy work day for me. CR spent a few hours with an amazing person who is not only his caretaker, but his friend and mentor. She is my friend, and someone who I am so so fortunate to have in our life (I will refer to her as SM). They played in "Mantown" (our finished basement) while I slaved away upstairs. When I was able to come up for air, CR and I made a picnic lunch, featuring a number of fruits and dairy products. I pulled out a favorite from my childhood, hoping that he would like it as much as I did as a kid. Ants on a Log. A simple delight consisting of celery, peanut butter, and raisins. Despite my attempt to sneak in a serving of vegetables, CR used the celery as a vehicle for the peanuty-goodness...repeatedly dipping it in the dish I had in hindsight stupidly filled with a healthy mound of creamy Skippy love.


Lunchtime is always a surprise...some days he samples things I never thought he would lay his hands on, and others, he drops things like they're hot. Maybe tomorrow I will introduce him to another one of my childhood favs...liverworst...for those who know me, liverworst? Really? Who am I kidding...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails