Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring sprung into Summer, and right back to early Spring


The weather has been amazing here in Boston for the past week. I can't remember the last time we had a string of days where the umbrellas, jackets and boots all stayed in their respective closeted homes. Given my current "condition," (yet another way to describe my knocked-up state), I feel like I embody all that Spring stands for. The flowers are in bloom, the trees blossoming, and my belly is swollen with child...

(33 Weeks - some of you will condemn me for posting yet another picture of myself that was taken in the mirror (sorry my Needham buddy SM), but when it's the only way to catch my transformation on film (B is not that into documenting my pregnancy), you gotta do what you gotta do...)

All we need to add to the vernal scene are a few frolicking lambs, buzzing honey bees, and a field of tulips. Yesterday temps capped out at over 85 degrees...

...and today, plummeted to a high of 56 degrees. Gotta love New England. As a result, CR and I stuck close to home after school. We played a little baseball out front, and played host for a little luncheon with his buddies "Nano" and "Sup."

As the weather fluctuates, and errs to warmer temps over cold, I am starting to get anxious about my baby girl's arrival. The days may be getting longer daylight-wise, but they are getting shorter and shorter for experiences for just wee-man and me...without the little bundle of screaming joy. I am extremely excited, but also a little saddened. For the past three years, I've been able to give my little man my undivided attention, and soon that will all change. So I am going to soak in my peanut's smiles, laughs, and goofy behavior over these final solo weeks, for once the weather evens out and remains warm all the time, my little boy will become a big brother...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails