Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It'll be a piece of cake...

Friday is CR's 3rd birthday, and Saturday, we are throwing him a party with an estimated 24+ adults and 18+ children in a park near our house (notice me crossing my fingers, toes and strands of hair that we have good weather - otherwise Mantown will be brimming with energized children, hopped up on sugary treats).

My wonderful parents are driving all the way to Boston tomorrow to hang with CR while I get some work done, as well as go out and grab some items for the fete (school is closed this week, so I am calling in the troops to help out with covering the unmanned bases while I fly solo during the day; it takes a village, right?). When I asked wee-man what type of cake he wanted, without hesitation he said "a recycling truck cake." Well, gee, that will be easy....

So I am in cake-planning mode. Since our baking supplies are limited to say the least (I am confined to a pie plate and a 9" x 13" baking dish) I borrowed some pans from our neighbor, and started mapping out how I will execute this highly specified request.



Is it too late to take back the question and just tell him that he is going to get a fabulous rectangular cake with extra icing? I'm screwed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails