Friday, April 16, 2010

Skunked...


And just like that, we didn't get the house. I keep telling myself it is for the best, or that there is something drastically wrong with the place that would make us regret even getting ourselves into the bidding game if we did in fact get it.

We went in this morning, put our best foot forward with our best and final offer, and we were out-bid. I seriously had no idea how I would feel if it went either way - I expected to feel excited and scared if we got it, and sort of relieved if we didn't, but it didn't happen like that exactly...

B called me an hour and a half after we put in our bid, and said four little words that made my stomach drop..."we didn't get it." I guess I wanted it a little more than I led myself to believe. I am happy that we have a little more time in Boston, and that it takes a little pressure off to get our house ready to go on the market...but will there be anything else out there like the sweet little cape house we saw and loved? Will we walk into another place and feel instantly like we are home? Again, only time will tell...

(image from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails