Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hi, nice to meet you, I'm chopped liver...

Late last week, CR came into our room and struck up a conversation with B and me. When we sit down for family meals, we go around the table and ask about everyone's days, and fill one another in on the things we missed while we were apart.

Mimicking our typical dinner conversation, wee-man marched in and started the inquisition:

CR: How was your day? Daddy, how was work? Mommy, how was your run?

Apparently I don't work in his eyes...in his view, the only time I really head out the door and leave him is when I get out as many mornings as possible to trot around the Charles before B leaves for work. Sure takes the wind out of my sails, especially when I look at my schedule these days. At some points, the balance is teetering on the edge of an explosion, but in my little boy's mind, Mommy goes for a run, and all is good in this world.

I really can't complain, I love my life, and wouldn't imagine it any other way, but just a little recognition would be nice...just a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails